Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gone Fishin'


My Uncle turned the grand age of 84 on Monday. So the challenge was to make a card for him. He loves his fishing - so I thought it was an ideal opportunity to create a card using my brayer and my Big n Juicy inkpad. I already had a silhouette stamp of a fisherman so I set about using my brayer to create the water by first running it over some scrumpled paper. Next I inked up the fisherman and ran the brayer over the image then transferred it onto the waterline. Then I inked up the stamp again and stamped it so it lined up with the reflected image. Next I ripped some paper into a hill shape and masked off the waterline and then ran the brayer over the hill then flipped it upside down and inked a lighter reflection. I repeated the action on the left side of the picture. Then I inked up the brayer again and applied the colour to the corner. Finally I stamped the tree details on both side. Considering I've not done much brayering - and I only have the small inkssentials brayer - which isn't the ideal one to use for this technique - I was very pleased with my finished results! I used the Waterfall Big N Juicy and the trees were created using the clarity stamp naked tree and leaves set.
happy crafting
Jane

No comments: