Monday, March 28, 2011

I did it!!!

My friend Pauline always creates these amazingly artistic journals that get me all inspired and it has been my plan for a very long time to use that inspiration and have a go myself. I went out a bought a book (over 2 years ago...).. but never quite found that time to sit and do it. Probably one of those 'where do I start' moments! Well I saw Pauline's latest journal this month and decided that my goal for March was to sit down and create! Well yesterday I found the perfect excuse to use it as my demonstration piece at a craft fair and here are the resulting creations.... A background created using Eco-green Orchid paint, Distress ink peeled paint and distress stain Forest Moss (I love the way distress ink goes muted over the paints) The stamps are Inkadinkado Inchies Dogs set.
This is a crafty individuals stamp - as it the beauty words too. I have spritzed the background with a mixture of the new cosmic shimmer mister colours - teal wash, mango blush and rose pink and then handdrawn the swirls with the words with a letraset fine marker. Finally it needed a little more grunging so I used my crafty individuals crackle stamp (a must for every stampers craft box!!) with a little Aged Mahogany distress ink to fill in some of the background area.
This owl is from Elusive Images - as re the branches in the corner (retro vases set). I started again with a spritzed backround - teal wash, ice blue and a hint of rose pink. I stamped my owl with archival black and hand drew in the branch. The image stamp is also elusive images. As a final finishing touch it was a little empty at the bottom so I've handrawn little stitched borders and wording.
This hasn't scanned very well - it's much more vibrant in real life! This is really simple in design. Spritzed background again - same colours as before but heavier. Then a little tattered rose distress ink directly over the top - ink pad to paper - then I've stamped the Elusive images design using archival black in a pattern around the page and coloured in using my cheap & cheerful 50p gold gel pens as seen on the website!. Finally I've written the title - but if you were not confident using freehand - use letter stamps to create your heading.

Would love to know what you all think!!


enjoy




Jane

No comments: