Sunday, May 12, 2013
Grungy Flower Collage
1. Spritz the blank page generously with water then place That Special Touch cogs border mask to the left side and then spritz randomly with Cosmic Shimmer Bronze Blush Mister. The water will make it run.
2. Lift your mask, turn over and place down on the right hand side of your page, this transfers the ink on the mask onto the page to give a watery cog pattern.
3. Rip and tear a random shape from a dictionary page, ink up using some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on cut n dry foam, then stick down at the bottom using a gluestick.
4. Cut four Bella Bouquet (Memory Box Die) shapes from white card - put two aside. Ink the other two with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and then spritz randomly with your Bronze blush mister - this combination makes for a really good rusty look.
5. Now for the fiddly bit. Stick your brown flower over the top of your white flower but slightly out of line so you can just see the white poking out behind... it doesn't need to be precise, just so you have a shadow where possible. Do this for both flowers and then stick them to the background. I always use Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue for this job.
6. Cut out an Isabella and Pippi Butterfly from white card (both Memory Box Dies). Colour your Pippi die (the top layer) in the same way as the flower - and the body just with the vintage photo so it's a little lighter. Add a little antique linen distress stain to the isabella butterfly so it isn't glaring white and then assemble into a butterfly. Then stick to your background and add a little line of dashes with a white gel pen.
7. Finally write the words Spring has Sprung onto white cardstock with a black fineliner pen and outline with a box and tint with the antique linen stain. Then cut out and stick on!
Hope you like it!