Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Snow White Card for a Snowy Day

Thanks to Karen for inspiration as seen on her blog...http://kslcreative.blogspot.com/2012/01/welcome.html
After seeing her beautiful all white sample I couldn't wait to give it a try myself.  So I rummaged through my die collection and selected some of my favourite Marianne Designs Dies and got cutting.  I firstly cut out a whole selection of different shapes - swirls, flowers, butterflies etc.  I also cut some borders with Martha Stewart punches too.  Then I cut a rectangular panel to the size to fit my card and ran it through with an embossing folder.  I then played around with the shapes I had cut out until I was happy with the design.   I stuck the large panels down with double sided tape and used my favourite Cosmic Shimmer PVA clear glue to stick down the fiddly pieces - love this glue for fine detail die cuts - always does the job!
My final addition was to add some highlights with Aurora Crystal Cosmic Shimmer glitter added to Quickie glue.  Just loved the finished result.  Go on - give it a try yourself.  It doesn't matter if you don't have the same dies - just have a play around with whatever dies & punches you have and see what you come up with - would love to see what you create so please share back with a comment with a link!
enjoy!
Jane






1 comment:

Rocky said...

Very elegant. I'll have to try this.