Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines.. in a hurry!

Seeing the beautiful creations on other fantastic blogs puts my effort to shame... but my excuse is time!.... I just didn't manage to fit in time to make my hubby's valentine's card this weekend - he usually walks the dog on his own Sunday leaving me home alone to be able to make his card... but as our plans changed I didn't have time on my own to make it!  So... revised plan for a quick and easy card I could make before he gets home of work today (said it was a hurry!).  I decided on a little fold-over card that I'd made before with other motifs.  I had a cuttlebug heart die and cut out two hearts out of a nice red shimmery cardstock I had handy.  I then embossed one with a papermania folder rubbed over the top with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I then used my Woodware Easy Stitching stamps to stamp a border with Versafine Satin Red.  Finally a Valentine's Day greeting from Woodware Tiny Phrases stamps was stamped in Black onyx Versafine.  I then mounted the two hearts at the top and Voila!... Valentines in a hurry!!  It goes to prove a carefully planned idea can be executed quickly if needed!
Enjoy your valentine's evening
Jane

No comments: