Sunday, December 29, 2013

Butterfly and Birdcage card

I hope you are all getting some crafting time over the Christmas holidays...  I'm yet to fit in my crafting session this week, so I have been going back looking through some of the cards I've made this year that I haven't yet shared with you. 


This card is ever so simple to create.  I've started with glossy card and used my brayer (roller) to apply Kaleidacolour Desert Heat ink.  To get the best results with your brayer you are best to roll slightly left and right rather than just in a straight line.  This allows your colours to blend better and get a smoother finish.

Once I had finished creating the two backgrounds I cut out a Crafty Individuals Lacewing Butterfly and a Crafty Individuals Gilded Cage dies just out of matt white card.  I then mounted these onto my coloured backgrounds and matted with a black border.  When you mount the butterfly, only stick down his body so his wings can be left with movement away from the card.  I could some flourishes out of black card using Marianne Designs Frame with Swirl Die and added them in the background.  I lovely simply card with clean lines.

happy crafting!

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: