Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wake your dreams!

 Thought I would post something non -Christmassy today!  I've been really inspired by some of the art created by Wendy Vecchi from Studio490.  This led me to playing around with a few ideas based on having colour splashes onto a white background.  I added Iced Spruce, Pumice Stone, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink to white card and generously sprayed with water so it would run down with droplets of water to spread the colour.  Once it had thoroughly dried, I stamped the cogs and the pattern background from the Steampunk Butterfly set from Chocolate Baroque using Pumice Stone.  Next I stamped Wake your Dreams from an Andy Skinner Stamp set using archival black - but it didn't quite come out black enough so I traced over it with a black fineliner to make it really punch out.  I doodled some hearts and borders around the piece to add some detail.  I then stamped a Paperartsy number stamp at the bottom and cut out a Spellbinders cog die and two Papermania heart dies - which I then embossed with a polka dot embossing folder.  I coloured the hearts using Seedless Preserves and then highlighted the dots with white gel pen and drew patterns around the dots with a fineliner and then stuck them down.  I drew some details on the cog too.  Finally I added the little flower as a little interesting detail!  I had great fun with this piece and will definitely be creating some more.. I already have another design to post up in a couple of days!.. back to another Christmas design tomorrow!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Distress Inks
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Andy Skinner Stamps
Shop for Dies


No comments: