Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Simple Cabachon Jewellery



 I have some jewellery for you today.  When I got these little cabachon connectors in stock, I was itching to get creative with them... so many different ideas!  I just love the vintage feel to them too and so I thought I would start with my ever favourite 1930s dictionary!

Firstly I inked the top of one of the cabachons with a black ink and stamped it several times onto my dictionary page.  You can stamp over particular words if you want to!  This then gives you the shape to perfectly fit into your cabachon.  Don't forget to clean off the ink!  Then cut out all your pieces.  Add a little Glossy Accents into the bottom of the cabachon and then stick your dictionary piece.  Use a pricking tool to push it firmly into all the edges.  Once firmly fitted, then flood the area with more Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.  Once dry, I fed a spacer ball onto an eyepin and then turned a loop the other side to join together all my pieces and fitted a catch.

For the other design, I stamped part of a Chocolate Baroque stamp using black ink onto white card and repeated the same technique as above.

I'm looking forward to making more with these lovely little connectors.

Wishing everyone a happy new year and all the best for 2014!  What are your crafting plans for the new year?

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Buy some Cabachons
Buy Glossy Accents





No comments: