Monday, December 30, 2013

Penny Black Cat

Hello all.

Today's card is again from delving through my archives!  I discovered this cute little cat card I created earlier in the year that never got shared with you all.

He has been created onto an A6 card.  I started by cutting a piece of turquoise cardstock (I've used one with a bit of a texture to add some detail).  I then used a Circle die to cut out a section in the bottom right corner.  I added a dash border around the edge of my card using a fineliner pen and then set it aside.  I next stamped my cat in Archival Ink being very careful to make sure he fitted into the circle gap I had cut - if necessary draw around your circle lightly in pencil, once you mount the blue piece back over you won't see the pencil line!.  He is from a Penny Black clear stamp set.  I then watercoloured him using distress inks by placing a little ink onto my craft mat and then picking up using a waterbrush to paint in the detail, but I could also have used watercolour pencils or paints too. 

Next I cut out a Memory Box Chesapeake Circle  out of white card.  I cut a length of Cosmic Shimmer Ribbon and tied it into a bow around the blue mount (use a little double sided tape on the back to secure it in the position you want).  I then stuck the blue mount over the top and then stuck the circle border matching the circle and trimming any parts that went off the end of the card.  Finally I stamped the greeting and cut it into a little banner shape and stuck onto the card.

It's fun to play around with your Nestabilities to cut apetures in different positions and I also like to watercolour with my Distress inks - a whole different way to use them!

Have fun crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: