I sprayed the white card generously with water so it was quite saturated and then applied colour using Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, a touch of tattered rose and to be honest a few other random colours as by this stage I was using a very well loved colourful piece of cut n dry foam! I left it aside to dry and then embossed with a polka dot folder. Once almost dry, I wiped across the embossed area and as it had so much water the paper structure was quite loose so I was able to distress the dots by just using a cloth and my fingers to add a bit of interest. I stamped the ruler, and the numbers (both Paperartsy stamps) using Black Archival ink and then cut out an oval in white using a Spellbinders die. Onto the oval I stamped the dreams lady in black and then tinted her with salty ocean, mustard seed and a touch of pumice stone on her hands and face with her hair tinted with gathered twigs. I added a zigzag border using a fineliner and some dashes at the bottom as she looked to be floating in the middle! I then stuck the oval down onto my piece (d/s tape wasn't strong enough - it needed some pva as the card was so textured underneath!) I then added some dots and lines to highlight the edge of the oval and the little bird at the top and some curleques from the numbers and the border around the edge of the card.
This piece challenged me a little as it was doing something unusual for me, but I really like the finished piece and plan to do lots more pieces like this!
Shop for Distress Inks