Saturday, March 20, 2010

Metal Squares with Alcohol Inks


Chris, Pauline and I had a fab time in our workshop this morning. We spent the morning playing with different techniques using metal sheets and alcohol inks and by the end of the morning all three of us had very inky fingers! Above is a picture & closeup of the card I created. It's a simple technique but very effective - cutting out shapes using the cuttlebug and then embossing an applying the alcohol inks. There are endless possibilities that you can create using this technique when you consider the different shapes and layouts you can do, the different colour metal sheets you can use, as well as different inks, whether to sand or add black ink highlights, use texture tools or rubber stamps too. I've created a full downloadable and printable project sheet to create this card and you can download it via 4shared by following this link. I would love to see any cards you create inspired by this project, post a comment back to this blog with a link to you picture, or email me a pic that I can post up for all to see!
happy crafting
Jane

No comments: