Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vineyard card... and a furry helper!

OMG how did it get to 11pm on Sunday night - where did this weekend go!! At least I have a pile of cards to show for my efforts this weekend - all packaged up and ready for the craft fair next Sunday.... and I'm almost through coding up all those new peel-offs... my pet hate.. they just seem to go on forever!.. and I haven't yet been brave enough to tackle the 12x12s for the same reason!

Here is today's card - it's been created using Woodware wine buff clear stamps and I have coloured them using Promarkers. I created the background by scrumpling up some white card into a ball, then flatten it back out, spritz with random colours of Cosmic Shimmer Mister and allow to dry. Then once dry, I spritzed some more mister onto my craft mat and dragged the scrumpled card across the surface so all the peaks picked up more mister. This creates a great effect because the crumpling of the card damages the surface of the cardstock so it soaks up even more ink and mica powders. If you want a very flat finish, you can always iron the cardstock flat again, but I like it slightly rumpled for a bit of texture. Finally I've used my old favourite trick of 3 little dots of stickles in the corners - this time I used a dark blue.
.... I had a little help tonight from my furry friend Barney... perhaps I should get him to do the next blog?.... if you look carefully his paw is just reaching for the mouse pad...!
happy crafting
Jane

No comments: