Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two Blue Shoes

Well I promised you shoe cards - and here is the first. I have created masks using sticky notes (a how to guide on how to do this to appear shortly!) and then stamped the two shoes using Memento Paris Dusk. This is a lovely colour to stamp in a dark purply blue. I've then created a mask so I can stamp using the leafy corner in the same ink colour. The beauty of these stamps is as they are clear, you can decide which part of the pattern you want where - so I could position the corner into the corner of the shoe which would allow me to later add a sparkly gem. I used the leafy part of the design to fill in the rest of the shoe and then repeated along the rest of this and the other shoe. I then coloured the shoes using Promarkers - sky blue for the main shoe, pastel blue for the inside of the shoe. I added a little shading with a grey promarker to add a little definition. I then cut out the shoes and mounted onto sandstone swiss dots bazzill card and then onto a blue mount with a final flourish of a vibrant blue ribbon.
Stamps used - Sketchy Shoe from Clarity (item 6530 on web) and Leafy Corner from Clarity (item 6511 on web)
I've got more promarkers on order at the moment which should arrive soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the latest sets!
happy crafting
Jane

No comments: