Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blue and White Cat #142

More scrapbooking with kitty cat Finlay again today getting ready for our Scrapbooking session at craft club this Friday.  My aim today was to create a really simple layout that was really easy for a beginner scrapbooker to achieve.  It was also to show that scrapbooking doesn't have to be complicated - a simple photo, a simple layout is all you need.

Finn has such gorgeous blue eyes, going with a blue and white theme picked out the colour in the photo perfectly.  I wanted a background paper that had something going on - but not too much that it would distract from the main focal point.  The flower paper again - enough pattern without being overpowering.  I mounted both the photo and the flower paper in the same card which is a brown/green/gold shimmer cardstock.

I next cut out some dies out of white cardstock - all Memory Box, I used Blooming Vine, Bella Bouquet, Chesapeake Circle.  I cut a couple of each die so I could play around with layout.  Once happy with how they sat I delicately lifted the card stock to dab a little glue so they would stick in the place I had positioned them.  Once dry, I then turned over and added more glue and stuck down my central panel.  A few little blue gemstones in the centre of the flowers added an extra detail.
 I also added this hand-drawn border - ever so easy - just do a wibbly line with a little loop in every now and then.
 an ever so subtle date written at the bottom of the photo panel was the final touch

It was very tempting to add more to this page, but I wanted to keep it nice and simple - hope you like it!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

1 comment:

Rocky said...

This is gorgeous Jane, he's such a poser!