Friday, May 2, 2014

Tick Tock #130

 Today's creation is the other side of the double page in my journal - so same colour background as yesterday's created with Cosmic Shimmer Ink Misters.  I started by stamping with my large script samp in blue Versafine ink. 


Next I glued on a strip of the Tim Holtz Melange Tissue paper and allowed to dry.  I drew in some zigzag details on the left and top right corner with a fineliner and added some texture detail through a mask with some blue ink.

I cut out my clock die (Marianne Designs) and tinted it with some aqua cosmic shimmer pearlescent paint and stuck it onto my page
 I hand-drew the clock hands for a change (there are some that I could have die cut in the same set - but fancied something different today!).  I handwrote Tick Tock at the top and then coloured the letters with my aqua pearlescent paint and added white highlights.  I then wrote 'tick tock goes the clock' around the outside of my clock die.  I next stamped a pair of wings from a Tim Holtz Set using blue ink at the bottom of my page (it was a little bare and needed something!)
 Next for my bird... OK ... he's quite an artistic expression of a bird - but was up for trying a little handrawing today!  He was drawn onto a dictionary page and tinted with the aqua paint and his legs drawn directly onto the page.

 Finally the words - all handwritten and tinted with aqua paint.  I quite enjoyed the freedom of this paint... not many stamps - more freestyling!

If you fancy trying out collage inking and stamping - come and join my workshop in Attleborough next Thursday 6-8pm £15.  You too can come and have fun getting inky and creative!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk



1 comment:

Andy LW said...

I wish I lived nearer to Norfolk to come on your course: - rather a long way from Bath!