Thursday, May 1, 2014

Life is Beautiful #129



I haven't used my journal for a while, so I rescued in from the draw and looked through to see what backgrounds I had ready.  I had a double page spread all inked and ready to be decorated - so here is one side today and you will get the other side tomorrow!

It had been sprayed with blues and purples from Cosmic Shimmer Mister Inks range.    I started by stamping a large text stamp in the background using a blue ink.  I then added a few patterns through a mask with some toffee coloured ink

I was in the mood to play with my Sweet Poppy Stencil Dress design - but wanted to play with something different rather than just put paste through, so I started by tracing parts of it with the fineliner pen.  I then added some colour with Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints.
I added some black and some white highlights with pens.
Next some words.... I wanted something really large and bold and didn't have stamps large enough, so handwriting it was!  I just took my time and then added some depth to the letters with my pens.  Then a lined border around the outside and I was finished.

Nice to just play!.....


Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk




No comments: