Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lazy Cat Nap #141

 We are having a scrapbooking night at our craft club on Friday so the perfect excuse to create a few pages!  and what do I scrapbook...?  Of course it has to be my gorgeous one year old Birman cat Finlay.  I just loved this pic of him sound asleep all curled up so this was my picture to start with.

I wanted this to be a bold bright page so the pale picture really would stand out.  I used the DCWV Pets 8x8" stack.  I started by taking out of the pad each of the cat pages - if you are anything like me - when you get one of these lovely card and paper stacks, they are a so lovely you don't want to use the papers!... so I always take them out of the book so no excuse then! 

I wanted to use a variety of page designs and so I decided to split my page into four, but not so it was exactly central - ofsetting my squares gives a little more interest.

I mounted my picture on brown card an then cut a  couple of thin strips to use as my divides between the pages. 
 I created a zigzag pattern around my picture with a white gel pen and cut some decorative elements with some green card - Elegant Posts from Spellbinders and the little flowers are cuttlebug dies.  I added my now famous 'barbed wire' border in white gel pen.  The words on the photo were cut from another page within the book.
Another scrapbook page to come tomorrow!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk


No comments: