Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blue lady for a happy day!

It's a good day today.  This post is scheduled as I'm off to visit my in-laws for a family lunch.  It's my father in-laws 80th birthday tomorrow... and it's my birthday today - hurrah!...  so it's going to be so nice to catch up over a meal. 

I chose this project to share with you today... because that's just the sort of dress I would love to wear!  Such an elegant shape and she looks lovely in her flowery fabric too!  She is called Pure Elegance and is a stamp from Creative Expressions.

I've see a lot of projects lately working on textured card and it's something I keep meaning to do... but forget!   Then I see another project pop up on Pinterest or on someone's blog and I say.. oh yes.. meant to get out my textured card!  This is a perfect project to work on too.. as I have a big kit of matching papers, card blanks, embellishments and ribbons that I ordered of the shopping channel many moons ago.. and whilst I've dipped into everything, the card blanks aren't really my cup of tea as they are bold prints and not always easy to make into a card, however they are lovely textured cardstock so perfect to cut apart and work onto!

This was a pastel blue card blank, so I worked around the outside with Salty Ocean Distress Ink with blending foam and then added a little walnut stain to give a dark edge.  I then applied the walnut stain ink using foam through my dotty border stencil (which is from crafter's workshop).  I stamped and embossed my lady and painted in some of her details with the salty ocean ink.  I then stamped and embossed her onto my blue floral paper (which is from a papermania pad).  I cut out the dress and hat and then stuck them over the top of my stamped design - voila... pretty floral dress!

I kept it simple and just mounted onto a black mount and then onto a 5x7 card blank.

And as it's my birthday... you are all encouraged to have cake on my behalf!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Elegant Lady stamp


1 comment:

Rocky said...

Happy Birthday! Would that be chocolate cake? silly question really wasn't it?!