Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blue Oriental Lady

A card from the archives today.  I'm busy getting organised for Sincerely Yours at Thetford at the moment and today I just run out of energy!... so my planned creative day has been postponed til tomorrow and I found a more restful job to do - bagging up new buttons! 

So...  I had a look through some creations from the past and found this lovely oriental card.  I love oriental style and have started rummaging through my collection to start making some new cards - so you may well see this lady again soon as she's one of my favourite stamps - just so detailed.

I've used a textured card blank and spritzed with a Patina Glimmer Mist (isn't it sad that I made this card in 2009 and I know what colour I used on it!).  Spraying onto a textured cardstock gives an extra dimension because the mica collects in the dips in the cardstock.

She has been stamped all in blue and everything else is toned in.  I like to work in one colour - you can get some lovely effects.  The little knot is a Mizuhiki cord knot - great fun to make from Japanese paper cords (we stock these in the shop) - and they are lovely to embellish your cards and even use on your jewellery too!

Well the last delivery has arrived today for the show - lots of Zentangling books!  So it looks like I'm sort of organised!

Back tomorrow with a sneaky peak of what I'm demonstrating at the weekend

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Mizuhiki Cords

No comments: