Monday, March 3, 2014

Creative Birch Leaf


Today's card features my Tim Holtz leaf stamps.  I started by creating a background using Distress Paints - this card was picking up the paint from my craft mat after getting the most of the paint off on a previous print.  This gave me a nice random effect in the background - nicely patchy!

Once completely dry, I stamped and embossed my leaf stamp.  I then used my Distress Paints in autumnal shades to paint in the detail, taking care to wipe the paint away from the embossed outline so that it remained nice and crisp.  I stamped my words (Chocolate Baroque) in Archival Black and as a final detail I used a dot mask to add my dotted border around the outside with a little walnut stain distress ink.

I was very pleased with this card.. the colours look even better in the flesh - nice and vibrant!

I will be doing a Sweet Poppy Stencils demo in the shop this coming Saturday - starting at 10am - hope some of you can make it!

happy crafting!
Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: