Monday, March 10, 2014

Love this little house!


I had a fab time demonstrating some techniques with Sweet Poppy Stencils in the shop on Saturday... and I think everyone else enjoyed it too!  One of the new stencils in stock is this cute little Zen House.  I hadn't had a chance to even get it out of the packaging before Saturday, but I already had in mind what I wanted to do.

I started with applying distress inks through the stencil using my cut n dry foam.  I used lots of bright shades, and made sure I added some shadows with walnut stain using a 1/4" stencil brush.

I cleaned off the excess ink from the stencil and then applied translucent paste over the whole stencil.  Once the stencil was removed I very lightly sprinkled it with some clear glitter - not so it covered it completely, just a little fairy dusting!  You then put it to one side and let the paste dry and as it dries it gradually goes translucent and the colours zing through!  It was such a lovely design I simply matted it onto a black border and mounted it onto a 5x7" card blank.

Love love this little house... I will definitely be doing more projects with this one!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Fairy Zen House Stencil
Shop for Transulent Paste
Shop for Distress Inks

1 comment:

Rocky said...

When can I move in? It's great and the technique sounds fun aswell.