Friday, March 7, 2014

Butterflies and flowers

I've been busy trying to create some Mother's Day cards this week.  I found this paper amongst my stash goodness knows where I got this sheet from!).. and I liked the colours so I used that as my inspiration for this card.  I started by finding a matching green and cut and mounted these onto my 8x8" card.  I then cut out a mixture of different butterfly and flower dies from white card and played around until I found a composition I liked.  Once decided, I then cut out the branch (a Cottage Cutz Die) from Brown and pink card and the butterflies (large one is Marianne Designs, small is memory box) from a piece of card I had painted with pint and red distress inks.

The pink card I cut the blossoms from was one I had left on my craft table in the sun, so the colour was a little faded in places - so no good for matting and layering, but perfect for different toned flowers and as it was a bazzil bling sheet, the front and back were different too, so I managed to get a subtle mix of shades and textures just from one sheet!

My finishing detail was to add a little pink stickles to the centre of my flowers and a little light dusting of crystal stickles to my butterflies.

Don't forget we have the Sweet Poppy Stencils demo tomorrow in the shop at 10am.. hope you can make it!

happy crafting
Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Dies

No comments: