Thursday, April 3, 2014

101st post...... A little flowery....



I've only just realised that yesterday was my 100th daily post since starting posting a creation a day just before Christmas.  When I started I wasn't sure if I could keep up with the schedule... but apart from the odd days (fortunately I have a large archive of stuff I've made and I can dip into on an emergency!)... and I've found it a pleasure to keep up with.  Even better, the shop now looks so much brighter with a new supply of samples to inspire too!

Today's creation is another play with my Chocolate Baroque stamps for their colour challenge.  The background is Cosmic Shimmer Misters - Pastel Chalk Yellow, Mango Blaze and Golden Mint.  I've added some dot details using Distress Ink Ripe Persimmon through a mask.

The words are from Chocolate Baroque Artistic Affirmations.  I'm not sure which set the flower is from - but I've stamped out onto the same background and added some shaded with the ripe persimmon.  I added some white gel highlights to the middle flower and then a large gemstone on the top (these are lovely - a new larger gemstone size we've just got in stock).  The swirl in the background is actually the flower swirl stamp from Chocolate Baroque Butterfly Flourish Swirls set.

I'm not a big one for adding flowers to my cards - but really liked the finished simplicity of this one - hope you do to!

happy crafting

jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

don't forget our Tattered Lace Die Prize Draw is still on - one entry for every individual Tattered Lace Die purchased online or instore before midnight 11th April for our prize draw to win a Tattered Lace die of our choice!

Shop for chocolate Baroque stamps
Shop for Cosmic shimmer Misters
Shop for Distress Inks

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous use of colour

Wendy said...

Love the colours in this piece! The flower is beautiful x