Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Oriental Ladies #120


Sorry, I'm a bit late with my blog post tonight.  My birman kitten, Finlay has been into the vets for a routine op today so I was otherwise distracted - he's now recovering at home, but I've had to spend the evening keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't try to clean his stitches!

today's creation started out with a mixture of blue, yellow and green tones of Distress Inks - I think it was salty ocean, shabby shutters and scattered straw.  It looks a stronger green where the yellow and blue have blended so well.  I blended the colours with my cut n dry foam and then I took an oriental style background stamp and sprayed it generously with water.  I then stamped it onto my background and lifted off to leave wet sections of design.  I left it a while for the water to react with the ink before drying off the excess.

I next stamped my oriental text stamp in the corner using black archival.

I've had these little miniature postcards in my crafting stash for years - I haven't used any for ages but thought they were ideal for this project.  I've just added a simple black card mount to frame the postcard.

Finally I stamped in black some border details with little pattern stamps along the bottom and added other border details with my fineliner pen.

Loving the vibrant colours on this one!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk



No comments: