Saturday, April 26, 2014

Blingy Butterfly #124


 I've scheduled today's post as I'm off at Stamford today providing a craft stall and make & take at a Lacemakers Guild.  This is the project that we'll be making.  This is a lovely little card design that I've used many times as you can adjust it so easily to suit your own stamps.  It works very well too with flowers - and not just stamps but die cut ones too.

I started with cutting a card blank - size it to suit your envelopes (allowing room if you plan to stick your flowers/butterflies off the edge of the card).  I like to make these on a vertical fold card.  I started by stamping my butterfly  - a Woodware set called Bubble Butterflies.  These are such a versatile design and they are also available as a peel-off sticker too!  You can colour the bubbles with whatever you like - Promarkers, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Sakura Pens or use Large Gems or Card Candii - or a mixture of everything!

Before I decorated it I cut out my butterfly shape.  I then used a mixture of everything to decorate is sticking to my blue, green and red theme.

I stamped the Chocolate Baroque Floral Edges border in Versafine Blue and then the Amazing Greeting (Saluations set from Woodware) in Versafine Green I tied a blue ribbon around the top of my card.

Once dry I stuck my butterfly onto my card. 

here is another variation of the same design....
happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: