Saturday, April 5, 2014

Elephant Gothic Arch






We've recently added a new range to the shop - a fantastic range of chipboard shapes and kits from Tando Creative.  This Gothic Arch Frame kit comes with a back piece then all the frames and inner pieces separate so you can decide what you want to create with the project.  I decided to make the full frame up.

I started with the back piece and painted with gesso.  I then decided to add a dictionary page, once stuck down and dry I inked up with Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Aged Mahogany and Ripe Persimmon.  I like working onto the script page with distress inks - it gives a different effect than just plain cardstock.

I next built up my frame - sticking each layer together with PVA glue (not attaching it to the base just yet).  Once dry, I painted the whole frame with gesso and then with Art Proff crimson shade paint.

I thought the Chocolate Baroque Indian Elephant stamps were ideal for this project and all the stamps I've used are from that set.  I used the little flower stamped into gesso as my 'ink' to stamp around the frame.  I then added gold liquid pearl dots and sprinkled with a little yellow glitter to sink in whilst it dry.  I then put this aside while I worked on the main panel.

I stamped the flower using archival black onto the back panel and then took time to outline the flowers with white gel pen.

I then stamped the elephant on a separate piece of card and inked up with the same distress inks but a lot more emphasis on the yellow shades so he would stand out from the background.  I cut him out as carefully as I could and then stuck him down, taking care to place the frame over the top to make sure you can clearly see the design.  I next stuck the frame down onto the back using PVA glue.

Now time to add the highlights to the elephant.  I did lots of outlining with the Liquid Pearls gold and again sprinkled with the yellow glitter.  make sure to leave the glitter in place until the liquid pearls are dry before trying to remove the excess.

I just love these kits and I definitely plan to make more samples - great fun - and I've still got the middle panels from this kit to play with yet!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for the Tando Creatives Products







1 comment:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.x