Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Paper Piece Bunnies - #113


Something a bit different today.  I've stamped using a paper piecing technique that is really easy but very effective.

I started with a 6x6" sheet of backing paper - the papers used today were from a cheap n cheerful little 6x6 pad I found at the works - all nice vintage style papers.  I chose a pale paper for my background with just a little pattern to it.  I chose a much darker, busier paper and stamped my two hares (they are Crafty Individuals stamps).  I cut them out and then highlighted some of their features with the white gel pen.  I stamped my tree using Memento Olive Grove (I think!!) - using the Indigoblu Tree-Mendous stamp.  I used the ink pad to add a little distressed border around the background and then dotted a few lines at the bottom so my hares would have a 'hill' to sit on.  I stuck my hares to the background and then finished off by stamping a Kaiser craft stamp greeting onto another paper from the set and then adding a dash border with my fineliner.

I've just put in a big order with Indigoblu - so there will be lots of stamps & mixed media products restocked - as well as lots of new stamp designs too!

This panel must have been eye-catching as it was up on our gallery wall until spotted by a customer who asked it be made into a card - I will have to make some more in this style I think!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Our new workshop list has just been published - see the blog post earlier today or visit the website for more details.

No comments: