Monday, April 7, 2014

Pretty as a Peacock #105



OOh exciting - I've just noticed that my website (www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk).. has just sneaked into the top 100 of the Top 50 Crafters board.. its currently number 98 (I started of at 130 odd!).. Glad to hear more people are finding us!

Today's project was started at last club night.  I've used a Dreamweaver Stencil.  I've applied mixture of Distress Inks through my stencil using my Cut N Dry Foam.  Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspbery for the swirls and I think it was Peacock Feathers (obviously!!), with a touch of Mowed Lawn and some Brown tones too for shading. 

Once you are happy, clean off the excess ink from the stencil using a soft cloth and then apply your translucent Sweet Poppy Stencil paste with a spreader.  You want to aim to use just one swipe as you do not want to contaminate the excess paste so it will colour the rest of the pot when you put it in.  If it does discolour it - simply decant into an air tight jar to use on another project.

Carefully remove your stencil and leave to dry thoroughly.  At first it will look white and muted, but as it dries it goes transparent.  There will be a little colour bleeding because you are using a wet medium over a water based ink - but it will not be enough to ruin your project - just add some character.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Don't forget it our 2nd birthday celebrations in store next Saturday - 10-4pm.  I'll be demonstrating all day and there will be a prize draw and lots of special offer prices in store too!  hope you can join us!

Shop for Stencils

No comments: