Friday, April 4, 2014

Citrus Butterflies



This is the last card I made for the citrus themed Chocolate Baroque colour challenge.  The background is Cosmic Shimmer Misters - Mango Blaze, Golden Mint and Pastel Yellow Chalk. 

I've stamped using Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade and the harlequin background from Chocolate Baroque's Decorative Edges set.  I've then stamped the floral swirl from Chocolate Baroque's Butterfly Flourish Swirls set using Ripe Persimmon. 

I stamped the main butterfly flourish using Archival Black and then stamped again onto another piece of card so I could colour the butterflies with the same misters and added some highlights with Orange Peel Stickles.  I cut out the butterflies once dry and mounted over the top of the design.  I added white gel highlights to the swirls.

The wording is from the Artistic Affirmations set and the border is hand-drawn with a fineliner pen with a white line for contrast.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Join us on our 2nd birthday celebrations on 12th April in store we'll have demonstrations, special offer prices and a prize draw!  10-4pm.

shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for inks

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful, the layers are fab! X

Wendy said...

Beautiful, the layers are fab! X