Sunday, January 12, 2014

Clean and Simple Butterflies


No ink at all on today's project!  I fancied having a play with dies and embossing folders on today's project.  I started by cutting out 9 squares out of white card - I used a die - but you could handcut them if you don't have a square die the right size.  I then made a random selection from my collection of embossing folders.  They are a mixture - some Cuttlebug, some Crafts Too, some other brands.  I tried to get a mix of patterns and embossed each square with a different pattern.  I next selected my card colour.  After trying several colours I liked this deep aubergine purple textured cardstock so I next cut a square to fit an 8x8" card blank and then arranged my squares evenly on the card and stuck them down.

I then used the off-cuts from my 12x12 card to cut out the die cut shapes.  I used four Memory Box Dies...  Bella Bouquet, Vivienne Butterfly, Kaleidoscope Butterfly and Perched Reed Bird.  I then arranged the dies onto my card and stuck down with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

It made a change from getting inky... and I have a few more dies and embossing projects in mind to have a play with.  I think I might spend this evening cutting out die cut flowers as I have a big project in mind that will need lots and lots of flowers... so I think I'll start cutting a few here and there to save me having one big cut out session and getting cuttlebuggers dead arm!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Embossing Folders
Shop for Memory Box Dies
Shop for Dries Clear Glue



No comments: