Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's Tree-mendous!

I can't believe it's already been over a month since I started my project a day blog!  I wasn't sure at first whether I would be able to keep up the pace.. both with time and with ideas!... but so far so good...  It's certainly my aim to continue with something new each day for you.

Today's project is using the lovely tree from Indigoblu (Tree-mendous).  The background was one I had already prepared.  It's been created using Distress Paints and masks.  Ever so simple, just swirl together your colours (I've used 3 different shades - Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves) and then apply the dots through a mask with white paint.  If I'm having a messy play day... getting out the paints, misters etc...  I tend to always create a few extra sheets from just the project I'm working on.  As they take a little time to dry, it means that you can always have some interesting backgrounds to use on a day when you haven't got time to get all the messy stuff out and wait for drying times!

I took my background sheet and stamped my tree using archival black ink. I then stamped the words which was from a stamp set I had for Christmas and then matted and layered onto black card in the right size to fit my 5x7" cardstock.  My finishing touch is a little leaf charm tied onto a bakers twine bow.  I've stuck the charm and the bow to the card using Glossy Accents.

I hope you are all enjoying my daily projects... would love to have your comments to know what you think... what would you like to see..?  What sort of projects do you like best?  Or have I inspired you to create something that you would like to share...?  Go on and give me a shout so I know I'm not talking to myself! :-)

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Indigoblu Tree-mendous stamp
Shop for Distress Paints

No comments: