Sunday, January 5, 2014
Imagine the Possibilities
Chocolate Baroque Facebook Group. It's so nice to share your projects and see what everyone else is creating - particularly when they are with the same stamps that you have. It gets you inspired to get creating! I shared a recent project I had created using their Steampunk Butterfly stamps - one of my favourite sets. Others have been sharing their projects with these stamps so I thought I just had to get them out again and have a play!
I started with a square of white card and spritzed it with water. I then wiped some Antique Linen Distress Stain all over the cardstock then I used Vintage photo Distress Stain along the bottom and used a waterbrush to continue dragging the colour up so it faded away. Finally I gave it a very light spritz of Cosmic Shimmer Rich gold spray to add some warm gold glitz.
I used the same three products to then go over a dictionary page. My 1930s dictionary already has quiet aged colour pages, but by adding the colour it gives them more of a vintage feel. Once dry I then stamped and embossed in detail black the main butterfly image. I then watercoloured a little Walnut stain and added a few white highlights and cut it out as close to the image as I could.
I stamped the cog stamp in Versamark and embossed in detail white and then went over the image with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and added a little Walnut stain with cut n dry foam. I then cut this into a thin strip. I stamped some of the round corner pattern onto the background in walnut stain and the cogs on the lighter top half using antique linen and then assembled all the pieces. I cut out several cogs from my Spellbinders Sprockets set and coloured with Vintage Photo, Tarnished Brass and Antique Bronze Distress stain and added depth with Black Soot. I then assembled all the pieces onto an 8x8 card blank.
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Distress Inks and Stains
Shop for Cosmic Shimmer Misters