Saturday, January 18, 2014

Delicate Snowdrops

Todays project has been created using the Chocolate Baroque Snowdrop Script Stamp.  I started by inking a C6 cardblank using Distress Ink - Peeled Paint and then sprayed water into my hand and flicked it over the top and then used a tissue to remove the droplets to give the mottled effect.

I then cut out a fancy square shape using a die from a dictionary page.  I then stamped my snowdrop using Vintage Sepia Versafine Ink and also stamped the greeting in the same colour.  I watercoloured the leaves with some watercolour pencils, and added a little grey shading to the flowers with watercolour pencils too.  I cut a mount to size and inked around the edge with the sepia inkpad - you will see this is a technique I use a lot for two reasons - firstly you always get a background that will match your stamped image, secondly it saves me having to have huge quantities of different coloured cardstock to hand when I am crafting on the go!

I mounted it all together just adding some ink around the edge of my greeting to give it some definition before mounting it onto the card. 

I like the feel of this card.. all as delicate as the snowdrops!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Inkpads

No comments: