Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dream in Colour Tag

I have had such fun this morning!  I have a busy few days lined up so today's mission was to create enough projects to share with you over the next few days.  I was lucky enough to be lent some different stamps from my good friend Sarah, so I started with the usual excitement you have of using new stamps!!

For this set I have used the Art Flowers from Creative Expressions.  These are a fab set for anyone who likes the artsy style (why haven't I got these in my stash already...!)  I thought I would have a play with the Distress Paints for this project and as they are quite a new product, I'm still learning my techniques and thought you might like to share the process!
 I started with a plain white tag - normal mat cardstock - nothing special!  I stamped and embossed the three ribbons with a silver detail embossing powder and then the create art stamp in black (it was supposed to be silver too... but threw over the wrong colour powder .. oh well.. happy accidents and all that!!).
 I then selected my paint colours (sorry for the blurry pic!)... Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Crushed Olive.  I wanted the blue to be the most prominent colour as I thought it would combine well with the silver embossed detail.  I started by spritzing the tag with water so it was quite wet.  I then used the sponge top to apply my colour all in the same direction.  Work onto a non stick craft mat because you can then use it as a paint palette so as not to waste your colours.  Once you have swiped over your three colours, take an old cloth and wipe your tag.  This helps to blend the colours, but also wipes the paint away from the embossed areas.  If you then need to apply more colour (I needed more blue) - just add it on, or pick up from your craft mat and use your cloth to apply more colour and blend.  Once you are happy, give it a very quick blast with the heat gun (not too intense as you don't want to further melt your embossing powder) just enough to 'warm' the card to help it to dry quicker.  This is what it then looks like.
 It was a little bare in the background so I took the flower stamp from the set and stamped it using Versafine Smokey Grey.  Just enough to give a little detail.
 I then stamped and embossed the flower and the greeting in black detail embossing powder.  I applied colour with the Distress Paints again- this time with more colour applied and I added in a little Picked Raspberry around the outside of the petals just to give a little contrast.  Again wipe away and blend with your cloth.  Cut out your pieces and stick on.  Finally I punched a hole in the tag and added a blue and green ribbon!

I had so much fun creating this tag... just love the finished tag!  I've so far managed to complete tomorrow's project, and a jewellery project for Friday... and I have the rest of the afternoon to create more - I definitely have my crafting mojo today!  hurrah!
happy crafting
Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Art Flowers Stamps
Shop for Distress Paints
Shop for Embossing Powders



No comments: