Thursday, January 23, 2014

Follow your dreams tag


See... I couldn't stop with these stamps!  These are the Art Flowers set from Creative Expressions.

Today's project starts again with the blank white tag.  I sprayed the cardstock with Cosmic Shimmer Misters - Bilberry Crush (My favourite!) and Red Firefly.  I wanted the colours to be really firey and intense.  I left this aside to dry thoroughly (give it a blast with your heat gun to encourage it) but don't blot it dry as you'll remove the intensity of the colour.

Once thoroughly dry, stick your piece of washi tape along the side.  I liked the idea of the simple black and white pattern so it wouldn't distract from my background or flower.  I next stamped and embossed in detail black both my flower and my greeting onto separate white card.

I coloured my flower using my Drawing Inks (yippeeee... I've finally found which box they've been hiding in for the past few months!).  I cut out my flower and my greeting ready to mount onto my card.  I decided I wanted to add a little charm by my greeting, but it looked odd because the greeting was cut out, so I cut out a little bit of card the same width of my banner and embossed it with detail black and stuck it to extend my banner, this meant I then had something to stick my charm onto.  I stuck the pieces on and then stuck on the heart charm and the flower centre (a gold beadcap) with glossy accents.  The final detail was three little black peel-off dots along the bottom and some black and purple ribbon at the top.

I love the vibrant colour of this tag - it has a real wow factor!

happy crafting
Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Art Flowers Stamps
Shop for Embossing Powders
Shop for Cosmic Shimmer Ink Misters
Shop for Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Inks
Shop for Charms



No comments: