Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Splash Monsters

Back to our monsters today!  In contrast with the very bright and clean lines of Monday's card, this card uses the same stamps (Woodware Little Monsters) - but in a completely different way!

I first took a Stix2 Masking sheet.  This is an A4 sheet of paper with a plastic protective cover.  You stamp onto the paper side, cut out and remove the plastic sheet to reveal a sticky side.  You can use this fabulous product to create masks using your stamps and dies.  You can create a positive or negative mask - depending on whether you want to mask out the monster or the background around the monster in this case!  I stamped the three monsters and cut them out as neatly as I could.  The big plus with this product, is that you can use it many times before it becomes too battered to use - simply store on the back of your packet of stamps so the masks are always to hand whenever you use the stamps!

I stamped the middle monster onto my white card and then carefully stuck the mask over the top, I then stamped the other two monsters and then stuck on their masks too.  With all my monsters masks I went very splodgy over the top with my Distress Stains - Wild Honey and Broken China - Lots of splashes for great effect!  Then set aside to dry and peel off your masks once dry.  Then mount onto black card and then onto a card where you have edged it with the broken china stain to create a matching border.  Then stamp your greeting and edge with some fineliner lines.

This is such a fun technique to try.. go on and get splodging!

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Shop for Stix2 masking sheet
Shop for Woodware Stamps
Shop for Distress Stains



No comments: