Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Glitzy Dragonfly

Hello on this chilly day.  If you've been lucky, you've been able to stay in the warm today and do a bit of crafting because that's been just a bit chilly out there!

Today's project is a 5x7" card that has been layered with beautiful papers from Crafty Individuals.  These are from Book one.  I found the dragonfly paper and thought that would work perfectly as main paper.  I selected a different pattern to go behind my dragonfly.  I cut and mounted each piece onto white and then black card.  I then stamped my Crafty Individuals dragonfly drawing stamp onto the paper and then again onto white cardstock.  I cut out the dragonfly from the white cardstock and then glittered him up with Stickles - Crystal.  Once dry I stuck him down just by his body so his wings could fly free.  As a final touch I measured a centimetre in from each corner of my panel and just knicked the card with my scissors - this gave a notch for my bakers twin to sit in and once wound round all four sides I secured it at the back with some tape.

Simple but very effective!

There's still some places left on this Thursday's heart card workshop - if you would like to book, just give us a call on Thursday on 01953 454976

Right... better get busy this evening creating tomorrows project!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Crafty Individuals stamps
Shop for Printed Paper Pads

No comments: