Monday, February 3, 2014

A bit of doodling...


Today's project is using more prepared backgrounds...  you may remember this background from a few days back, well this is the other half of the cardstock that I had already painted with Distress Paints - Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean with a little white applied through a mask. 

I've used stamps from two sets today - both Creative Expressions - Art Houses and the border is from Art Flowers.  I stamped and embossed the house using black embossing powder and then stamped both my border and the postmark using black archival pad.

The rest of the decoration is all entirely doodled on using either white gel pen, or black fineliner pen.  I went with diagonal dashes at the bottom.  The house was floating a bit so I added some dashes underneath it.  I then with a cross hatch pattern to the left and bubbles to the right.  Finally a few highlights here and there with the white pen and I was done!

I couldn't decide whether this piece needed some wording or not... but everything I tried, just seem to make it look cluttered, so I left it as it was.

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Creative Expressions Stamps
Shop for Distress Paints
Shop for Fineliner Pens



No comments: