Tuesday, February 18, 2014

All Hearts and Flowers

I've just come back from a fabulous two days at the crafting trade show.  So much to see.. so many demonstrations to watch - and I was lucky enough to do a workshop with Lindsay Mason too!

This is the project that we created.  We started with plain old brown corrugated card - one die cut into a heart shape.  We ripped part of the top layer off both pieces to reveal the corrugations and then painted them using Distress Paints (she must have known I was coming to use my favourite product!).

We had die cut flowers from the new fab Tim  Holtz grand tattered florals die from Sissix (we can order this die.. let us know if you want us to get you one!) - cut from various decorative papers and we scrumpled them and then inked with distress ink.  We added some shimmer paste onto the corrugations and then aseembled everything to create our wall hanging.  I was really pleased with the end fresult - I wanted to try using more subtle colour ways and this was a good way to start with the delicate pink and pale blue.

What a great use of leftover cardboard - I'll definitely be featuring it more in my creations!

I have come back from the show so inspired... lots of ideas buzzing in my head for future creations.  I've also placed orders at the show too... so watch this space for new products arriving shortly.... from a couple of new suppliers that I am very very excited to be able to stock (some of them took persuading to allow us to stock... not everyone gets to!).

happy crafting
Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk



No comments: