Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pretty Pink Tag


Today's tag card is still sticking to the love heart theme (are you are pinked out yet???).  I started with the top tag for this card - a stamp I have had for years - its from Rubber Stampede called Rose Tag.  I stamped it onto one of my distress paint backgrounds and then used a Marvy Le Plum Fuschia shade pen to colour the roses to make them pop.  I cut it out and stuck onto white, cut it out and stuck onto a nice maroon/burgundy shade of card and then ripped a piece of the same card to be the tag at the top. 

I then set about making a background for it to go onto.  I cut myself a tag shape and covered it with Spun Sugar Distress Paint and a few light streaks of the Picked Raspberry paint and left aside to dry. My script stamp is a stamp I've had for years - the shopping link below takes you to the Indigoblu script stamp which would work well!  I inked it using Memento (probably Rose Bud - I forgot to make a note!) and then stamped my Clarity patchwork heart stamp in Plum Archival.

I embossed a piece of the burgundy card with the heart embossing folder (hasn't that come in handy these last few days!) and ripped the edges.  I then cut out the two little hearts, embossed one and added a little ink to highlight it and left the burgundy one plain.  It was then a matter of assembling my tag, matting and layering the large tag the same to match the small one and mounting it onto a 5x7" card blank.

I enjoyed making this tag... it was one of those projects that grew over a few days - I actually made the top tag a couple of weeks ago but didn't get round to using it - but it's fun to rummage through your made up bits and then incorporate it into a project.

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Distress Paints
Shop for Script Stamp


No comments: