Thursday, February 20, 2014

Red and Gold....

The theme for this month's craft club is Red and Gold.  This is my creation for club night this Friday.  My first thought for this theme was oriental and this stamp is just perfect.  I thought I would keep this card simple - blocks of bold colours.

I started by cutting my bright red card into a square big enough for my stamp design and then stamped and embossed in gold.  This stamp has enough detail that she works well just heat embossed.  I then mounted onto my black and white square mounts.  As an extra detail I stamped and embossed in gold on the card blank with my oriental style flower and then added a little black and red bakers twine just to add a little softness to the card.

Don't forget we have our 2nd hand craft supplies sale this Friday at club - all welcome!  We'll also be doing a make and take with the bird card.  It held at Francis Rooms at the side of Connaught hall in Attleborough, this Friday 6.15-8.30.  Look forward to seeing you all there!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: