Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dream Big!


I've gone for warm pink and orange tones on this tag.  Working onto glossy cardstock I first brayered with a Big N Juicy pad.  Once dry I firstly stamped the Art House (creative Expressions) in Plum Archival directlly on the tag... but the background colour meant that the detail of the design just got lost...  so I stamped again onto white and then traced some of the detail with my black fineliner.  I then cut out and mounted over the top of my first stamp attempt.  Having learnt that perhaps plum wasn't the best colour to show up - I switched to black to stamp the Dream Big and the postmark (both from the Art Houses set too).  I added a few hand-drawn cross-hatch marks with my fine liner and after rounding the top corners with a punch, I added my dash line border.  As a final touch I worked with my Crafters Workshop Mask and my white gel pen to add a few circle details - it was just enough to give it the oomph it needed!

This was another result from my (not so) grumpy crafting session... More tomorrow!

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Creative Expression Stamps
Shop for Masks
Shop for Brayer

No comments: