Sunday, February 2, 2014

An unhurried sense of time


How much do I love this tag!  My favourite creation of the week.  I think it's the colours.. they just zing!  I started with a glossy card base and used my brayer to ink over with Waterfall Big N Juicy pad.  Once dry I rounded all four corners with my corner punch.  I decided to use a stamp set I was bought for Christmas - which had the clock, the cogs and the greeting all in one set.  I stamped my clock in black archival and cut it out.  I then picked up ink from the same big n juicy pad with cut n dry foam but this time picking up the greener tones.  I stamped onto it using my chicken wire stamp (creative expressions) again inking from the same pad.  I stamped my cog stamp onto the background using cobalt archival (if I had stamped from the big n juicy it wouldn't have the same detail and definition).  I then applied a little white Distress Paint through a mask - making it quite wet so it was quite 'splashy' in it's finish (is that a new technical term I've just created.....?)  Once dry I applied a strip of 4mm wide double sided tape along the splashy border.

I cut a strip of white matt card and again inked using big n juicy and cut n dry - choosing the bluest tones from the pad.  On the top I stamped the greeting.  I then drew on the black border using my fineliner pen - so easy - just two lines then box it off and colour in the boxes - with an odd couple in white gel pen just to add some detail!  I then mounted that onto the tag along with the clock face.  I removed the backing from the double sided tape and covered it in little irridescent circle confetti/glitter I had in my stash pushing them down firmly to make sure they were stuck.

As a final detail I ran around the edge of the clock and onto the clock hands using Stickles - Crystal.

Love it!

hope you get some crafting time this Sunday!

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Chicken Wire Stamp
Shop for Cut n Dry
Shop for Stickles
Shop for Fineliner pens

No comments: