Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dramatic Wildflowers


It's another Sweet Poppy Stencils card today.  This time I have used the wildflower stencil with the black paste.  I started by creating a background using the Distress Paints - I've added some new colours to my collection so I have more orange and red tones.  I've swiped in diagonal lines and then used a cloth to blend the paint - it gives a much more graduated blended effect this way I have found.  Once it was dry I then added my wildflowers with the paste and allowed to dry.  I stamped and embossed my greeting using white embossing powder and added a border and some highlights to the flowers using my white gel pen. I really liked the finished effect of this card - very dramatic!

Its been a busy day here... I've been at home busy stringing up lots of new beads stock as our China shipment has now arrived.  I'm going to have to squeeze in some creative time around bead stringing this week!

hope you have had a restful Sunday!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: