Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Time for Tea


A lovely simple design today.  This card started with a piece of white matt cardstock being tinted with Distress Paints - Spun Sugar and a little Festive Berries.  I splodged some of the paint onto my non stick craft mat and then spritzed the mat and paint with a water spray.  I also spritzed the cardstock so that when I then wiped it through the paint, it would mute the colours and not be too bright.  It was then left aside to dry.  

Once thoroughly dry, wipe generously with an antistatic bag and then stamp the stamp design with Versamark and emboss with a fine detail black embossing powder.  The stamp I have used is Crafty Individuals Tea at Three

I selected a sheet from the Wild Rose Studio Always and Forever Paper Pack that would complement the bird and the delicate pink shading.  I mounted both this and the bird stamp with a black card mount and mounted it onto an 8x8" card blank.  The final trimming was a black polka dot ribbon.

I did consider adding some colour to the bird stamp - to highlight some detail - but once I had laid all the card out, I liked all the pink tones - so though that I would leave it as it is!

You'll detect a bit of a heart/love theme this week as I've been busy making some Valentine's Day cards for the shop - but I'm showing them over the next few days to hopefully show you some ideas of variations you can make using only a few supplies.

happy crafting
Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: